Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tis the season- For a Christmas lament

Ok, 4 days till Christmas, and all through the house.
My children are screaming and so is the spouse.
The stockings are hidden, the gifts are all wrapped.
Santa has been here, he called in advance.
He likes to come early to discuss all the kids.
But now I have called him,
I hope he replies.
My son got a gift today,
that's already been brought.
From a school in the area,
It was a gracious thought.
I appreciate the gesture
I really, truly do.
But it's already been bought.
Now what do we do?
Do I go and unwrap it and send it back too?
So now I am panicked.
Now I will fret.
And what else should I get him,
to replace the great gift?
A game, or a toy, or a stupid pogo stick?
I really wish Christmas would miss me this year!
I'm tired of the songs, and the joy and the greed.
I just want the new year to come here with speed.
So Santa please hurry, and make it come fast.
And please make it go away, finally at last!!

No comments: