Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Funk of Life

So here it is, February already.  Just yesterday it was January and the year was new.  It's now month 2 and I feel like it is flying by.  Between homeschooling, gymnastic meets, car pooling, germy kids contaminating my immune system and Dr appts- I'm pooped.  We have just added Speech and Occupational Therapy to my youngest child's weekly schedule, so things are kind of being put on the side in my house lately, like laundry and cleaning.  By the time "The Man" gets home, I'm ready to escape to bed.  And I feel real bad about that, I truly do.  I hate feeling "disconnected"  from my family.  Then there is the lack of motivation to compose both music or this blog.  Music, once my greatest joy, has become a task.  I used to play for 8 hrs a day with only a lunch break.  Now I just barely pick up an instrument.  Where has my ambition gone?  The desire to create?  How do I get it back?
How does one shake the "funk of life" off?  My answer is "you don't", you just keep on trucking.  Let's hope I don't pop a tire in the process.

No comments: